After being in a long development, Invadors has finally released their survival-horror, Daymare: 1998.
The developers said that this game will give the same atmosphere found in iconic titles in 90s where players had to run around, manage their ammunitions and solve the environment puzzles.
Here’s the information found on store page:
DAYMARE: 1998 is a third-person survival horror with hardcore survival mechanics and hard to kill enemies. It requires a strategical approach to combat and puzzles and offers a multi-character point of view on the story, revealing a deep and obscure lore.
The scene is set with a secret research facility, a deadly chemical weapon and a special security team to investigate this incident with the potential to become much more than just a security breach. Follow the steps of an elite soldier, a helicopter pilot and a forest ranger, as they play out their roles in an event that transforms one peaceful small town into a deadly zone and its citizens into bloodthirsty monsters.
- Multi-character POV – see the story from different angles and discover the truth
- Dreadful enemies – rendered in detail with lifelike animations and dismemberment
- Realistic HUD – check inventory, health and position on a special piece of gear
- Environmental puzzles – finding your way is not always easy, look for clues
- Classic mechanics – limited ammo and save points, backtracking, collectibles, tough enemies and more
- Modern graphics and effects – not all is classic thanks to Unreal Engine 4
- Experience 90s – homage to the era with tons of references
Daymare: 1998 is now available on PC via Steam. The console version is also planned at a later date.