After a long wait, Digital Happiness has released the new trailer for DreadOut 2 along with the official release date.
Here’s the information shared on Steam:
ABOUT THIS GAME
A unique take on third-person action-adventure survival horror with Indonesian supernatural in veins. Mixed gameplay of city exploring, “DreadOut” style smartphone ghost hunting and new action-packed combat within DreadOut supernatural realm.
Even though it is a Horror game in veins, but with the touch of silly high school problems, satiric social commentaries, and yet touchy memorable moments, DreadOut 2 will become a fresh take on the survival horror genre.
DreadOut 2 will be utilizing a mixed improved mechanic of our previous DreadOut along with a new combat-oriented mechanic.
- Banish them all! DreadOut style smartphone ghost hunting is back.
- Delve deeper in DreadOut supernatural realm with a new combat-oriented mechanic.
- Fight back and survive further using any available melee weapons throughout Linda’s journey.
- Battle hideous bosses that roamed in the supernatural realm.
NON LINEAR SURVIVAL HORROR
Exploration is the heart of DreadOut 2. We want to take another step to enrich our way of non-linear storytelling through different key elements.
- Explore sleepy Lil’ town, night and day to solve terrifying urban legends that haunt within.
- Interact with various unique NPCs both human and ghosts, with various locations teeming with their antics.
- Considerable amount of side quests, hidden stages, and bosses written specifically based on our Asian/Indonesian urban legends.
- Experience environmental storytelling. Learning about the city nooks and cranny that will guide players in finding an interesting discovery.
- A huge collection of ghost lore under our Ghostpedia is waiting to be discovered.
DreadOut 2 will be releasing exclusively for PC via Steam on February 20th.