Tower of Time‘s developer, Event Horizon, has announced the new RPG game Dark Envoy for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The game will be a tactical RPG that was inspired by XCOM and Mass Effect series, combining with free exploration gameplay and Lovecraft-ish theme which looks really promising!
Here’s the first detail shared via press release and store page:
Dark Envoy is a non-linear RPG inspired by the likes of the Divinity series, XCOM, FTL, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age to offer free world exploration with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy. A continuation of Event Horizon’s attempt, which began with the studio’s debut title Tower of Time, to shatter long-standing RPG tropes and to create something unique in the process.
Explore the world using your Skyship, it is your base of operations after all. Hunt for mythical locations, and procedurally generated dungeons with optional tactical objectives. Choose wisely where to travel however, as the world map adjusts with the passing of in-game time. Locations will randomly respawn, becoming progressively more challenging to travel for you and your party.
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer (specializing in litRPG genre).
- 15 unique character classes to discover – with the ability to mix skill trees – including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- New RPG system, promoting experimentation and requiring frequent adaptation to the new challenges.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a unique mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before he/she becomes too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests, local, and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
Dark Envoy will be available later next year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam. The game will also be featured in the upcoming Gamescom 2019 so we will probably hear more information in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!